Learning and Teaching Memory and Study Skills
The Way to Information Literacy
Instructed by Lorette Weldon
For the past 5 years, I have been teaching reading comprehension/information literacy college-level courses. Based on the education I received through my doctoral degree in combination with my BA degree and certificate in Psychology, I designed this course for the high school graduate, college freshman, and person who just wants to review how to enjoy reading. Reading helps you figure out where the answers are for your questions. It will help you look at the question and figure out what information you need to answer the question.
Do you know when you need information to solve a problem or question? Can you find the right information that is needed to solve your problem or question? Do you know how to use it to answer your problem or question? This course is designed to mold you into an information literate individual for school and for life. Information Literacy means that you can understand when information is needed for a given problem or question. It also means that you would be able to find and assess the information that answers the problem or question. In addition it also means you know how to answer the question with the information.
This course will help you understand where to find your answer and how to select a more focused response to your question. Finally, this course will help you to read sources, find the answer to your question, and use it correctly to answer the question.
You will learn the Three T’s (Talking, Tinkering, and Traveling) process in order to become more information literate in school and life. Through you talking out your problem, you will be able to Tinker around with different angels of your problem to help you decipher the type of answer that you will need for the problem. The Three T’s will lead you to Travel online or to face to face sources for a more focused answer to your question.
What are the requirements?
- An open mind for learning.
- A commitment to apply the material
- Pens and Pencils
- REQUIRED: 1 Composition Book, 7.5 x 9.75 Inches, College Rule, Hard Cover, 100 Sheets
- RECOMMENDED: Lorette Weldon’s Finding Perpetual Harmony book; Available through Amazon.
- RECOMMENDED: Lorette Weldon’s Getting Parents and their Kids on the Same Page book; Available through Amazon.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 39 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- Question what you are reading for understanding.
- State what information is needed in understanding what you are reading and understanding.
- Decide how to obtain the information needed to understand what you are reading and studying.
- Narrow and Select the information needed to understand what you are reading and studying.
- Determine how to use the selected information that was needed to understand what you are reading and studying.
What is the target audience?
- High school graduates
- Freshmen College Undergraduates
- People who want to review reading concepts
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Talking out your problem
Section 3: Tinkering with the information
Section 4: Traveling to get the information
Section 5: Talking, Tinkering, and Traveling for your Information
Section 6: The Information Literate Warrior
Section 7: Sources
For the detailed course content click here
Lorette Weldon, Researcher, Author, and Teacher
Lorette Weldon is an independent researcher, author, and college professor in reading comprehension/information literacy and also in concepts/applications of information technology. With over 20 years of experience, she has spoken at conferences about SharePoint and Non-IT User usage. She is the author of the following books in relation to library management and SharePoint: “SharePoint Without Coding: My Notes for Embedding the Librarian”; “SharePoint Without Coding, Volume 2: My Notes on the Further Embedment of the Librarian”; “Research and Social Networking” ; “Librarians Using SharePoint 2010” all available through Amazon. She teaches the following Udemy Courses: Getting Parents and their Kids on the Same Page and Microsoft SharePoint for Non-IT Users.
- Lectures 39
- Video 3.5 Hours
- Skill Level All Levels
- Languages English
- Includes Lifetime access
30 day money back guarantee!
Available on iOS and Android
Certificate of Completion