Mastering the Skill of Effective Mind Mapping
Thinking, Planning, Productivity and Learning Skills for the Modern Business and for personal development
Instructed by Barry Mapp
This course will teach you how to use mind maps to increase your personal and professional productivity. You’ll learn how to save time on any task that requires planning, preparation, and clarity.
You will be taught how to develop and use this powerful productivity tool in a unique and effective way.
Master the Skill of Mind Mapping
- Think clearly and streamline your ideas so you can express them effectively
- Quickly organize your thoughts, ideals, or goals
- Efficiently plan an event, speech, article, business, or marketing plan
- Use Mind Mapping to Enhance Your Cognitive Experiences
- Learn the technique that taps into the multitasking capability of the subconscious mind.
- With this course, you will be able to get information into your head quickly, and transcribed out just as fast.
- After completing this course, you will be equipped with a thought-organizational tool that will change the way you plan. Either for business or personal use, your mental approach to issues or ideas will be fundamentally different.
Contents and Overview
- The course starts with an overview of the purpose and structure of the course.
- You’ll soon see why mapping is so effective.
- The benefits of mind mapping will be illustrated clearly.
- You will be looking over the instructor’s shoulder so you can watch how it works.
- The course will ease you into creating your mind maps — first through a series of guided exercises, then through open assignments pertaining to your personal goals.
- Quizzes along the way will track your progress and ensure you’re grasping the concept.
Your ordinary working memory is only able to juggle up to three complex ideas at a time. On this course you’ll learn how to also utilise your spatial working memory thereby enabling many more ideas to be held in memory at any one time.
After completing this course, you’ll have the tools you need to succeed in aspirations such as thinking clearly, studying, writing, or business planning.
[read more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
By following this course step-by-step, and not trying to rush ahead, you’ll ensure that you are able to maximise the effectiveness of the technique, streamline your thought processes and thereby become more productive.
What are the requirements?
- You do not require any special skills to succeed with this course
- You need to be open to try out different ways of doing things
- The basic requirement is a willingness to learn and develop a new skill
- Develop an existing skill if you already dabble in mind mapping
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 38 lectures and 4 hours of content!
- organise – quickly organise your thoughts, ideas or goals using mind maps
- plan – quickly plan an event, a speech, an article, a business or marketing plan
- rehearse – mind mapping is particularly good for rehearsing your talks and presentations
- deliver – use mind mapping to help you deliver engaging presentations
- clarify – mind mapping helps you to be more clear in your thinking, helps you see the wood for the trees
- think differently – once you have learnt to mind map effectively you will find that your mental approach to issues or ideas will be fundamentally different. Mind Mapping provides the scaffolding for a completely different set of mental processes and taps into the multitasking capability of the subconscious mind
- enhance your learning – Everyone today has to continually take on board new information and learn new ways of working. Mind mapping (when done properly) accelerates both the learning and understanding of new information, and helps with retention and recall. If you are having to study for upcoming professional exams, or Continuing Professional Development, then mind mapping can be of great benefit in your studies, reducing the time to learn new material
- By completion of the course you will be confident to create your own mind maps and to show others the basic concepts
What is the target audience?
- Suitable for complete beginners
- Mind Mappers wishing to improve technique
- Suitable for those who have previously tried ‘mind mapping’ but found that it did not appear to work for them
- Aimed primarily at professionals in business but is suitable for all ages and all groups
- Professionals can use this course to improve their personal effectiveness at work
- Students for example can use this course to improve their study skills
- THE COURSE MAY NOT BE SUITABLE for those students who are already adept at mind mapping (although some mind mappers say they have learnt some stuff they did not know)
Section 1: Course Purpose and Structure
Section 2: Observe a Mind Mapper at Work
Section 3: Practise Reading Mind Maps
Section 4: Getting the Feel of the Technique
Section 5: Integrate the Learning
Section 6: Creating Your Own Mind Maps (With a Helping Hand)
Section 7: Now Create Mind Maps on Your Own
Section 8: Review What You Have Learnt
For the detailed course content click here
Barry Mapp, Personal and Professional Development Coach at Udemy
As a trainer and personal development coach, I have special interests in the brain, accelerated learning and professional and business development.
I have worked in schools, colleges and universities in the UK, and within the corporate and SME sector, working with students, teachers, apprentices, managers and leaders. My background is actually in clinical science where I ran an NHS Clinical Biochemistry Department and I was also a Quality Consultant to my local hospitals and local Health Authority.
In 1996 after training in ‘mental literacy’ with Tony Buzan (the inventor of Mind Mapping) I set up my own training company The House of Learning. In 1997 I put some of my new skills to the test by competing in the World Memory and World Speed Reading Championships (I got the silver medal in the latter). So I have almost 20 years experience working both in the personal development field and in business leadership.
My first course on Udemy “Mastering the Skill of Effective Mind Mapping” has over 9000 students from across the world (137 countries as at October 2015), and many of these students have English as their second language. I currently have three of my own courses on Udemy with two more great course in the pipeline.
- Lectures 38
- Video 4 Hours
- Skill Level All Levels
- Languages English
- Includes Lifetime access
30 day money back guarantee!
Available on iOS and Android
Certificate of Completion